Sometimes Windows 11 gets really insistent on configuring your device, even if you’ve already done it. Here’s how to stop it.
After installing a feature update, Windows greets you with the Let’s finish setting up your device screen. It’s part of the Windows welcome experience and lets you set up your PC with Windows Hello, Microsoft 365 subscription, and other customizations.
However, you may still see the welcome screen even when you make a regular login reminding you to complete the setup. If you find this notification annoying, here’s how to disable the “Let’s finish setting up your device” screen in Windows 11.
1. How to turn off the “Let’s finish setting up your device” screen using Settings
You can configure your system notification settings to disable the “Let’s finish setting up your device in Windows 11” screen. Once disabled, Windows will stop offering suggestions on how you can configure your device.
To disable device configuration notifications:
- Hurry Win + I to open Settings. By default, the Settings panel opens in the System tongue.
- In the right pane, click Notice.
- Scroll to the end of the page and deselect the Offer suggestions on how I can configure my device option.
- On the old version of Windows 11, deselect the Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I log in to highlight what’s new and suggestions option.
Windows 11 will no longer display the “Let’s finish setting up your device” screen the next time you sign in.
2. How to disable “Let’s finish setting up your device” screen using Registry Editor
If the welcome experience screen still appears, you can edit the Content Deliver Manager key in Registry Editor to permanently disable it. Here’s how.
Modifying system registry entries is risky; Make sure to create a restore point in Windows 11 before proceeding with the steps below.
- Hurry Win + R to open the Course dialogue.
- Type regedit and click OKAY to open Registry Editor. Click on Yes to confirm the action.
- In Registry Editor, navigate to the following location:
- Right click on ContentDeliveryEating and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Rename the value to Subscriber Content-310093Enabled.
- Right click on the Subscriber Content-310093Enabled value and select To modify,
- Type 0 in the Value data field and click OKAY to save changes.
- Close Registry Editor.
If you want to re-enable the welcome screen for any reason, remove the SubscribedContent-310093Enabled value using Registry Editor, and Windows will re-enable the configuration suggestions screen.
Disable Welcome Experience Screen in Windows 11
Although you can skip the Let’s finish setting up your device screen during setup, it will appear shortly after three days. Instead, you can turn it off from the Windows Settings panel. If not, edit the registry editor to permanently disable the feature.
How to install and configure Windows 11 without an Internet connection
About the Author