This tutorial is about finding the IMEI number of a device. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to find a device’s IMEI number. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to find the IMEI number of the device
Your mobile phone is assigned a globally unique number, called an IMEI number, which uniquely identifies your device within the mobile network. If your phone is lost or stolen, you must provide this IMEI number to the police and the telecommunications company so that they can blacklist your device and prevent others from using your phone on their network without wire. As you probably know, finding your cell phone’s IMEI number is relatively easy. Although there are apps that help you get this number in one click, you don’t really need them.
Just open the phone dialer, call *#06# and the IMEI number will show on the phone screen. Alternatively, you can open Device Settings – About phone – Status and long press on the IMEI number to copy it to the clipboard. However, if you lost your phone but didn’t write down the IMEI number first, you can still retrieve your Google account number. Just go to Google settings, sign in with your Google account and expand the Android tab. Here you will see all the Android devices connected to your Google account and it will also show your phone’s IMEI number.
Find your IMEI by dialing this code
- For many iPhone and Android devices, the easiest way to find your IMEI number is to dial: “*#06#”.
- It’s star, pound sign, zero, six, pound sign. The 15-digit IMEI number should appear on your screen.
Find your IMEI in your SIM card tray
If you take out your SIM card tray and turn it upside down, you’ll see the 15-digit number on most iPhone models and some Android phones.
Find your IMEI in your phone settings
Another way to find your IMEI number if you have your phone handy is to use your device settings.
Find your IMEI in your Android settings
- Go to Settings > About phone > Status and find the IMEI number. Or you may need to tap on the IMEI information to get the numbers.
- On some Androids, this will be in Settings > General > About device > Status.
Find your IMEI in your iPhone settings
- Go to Settings > General > About, then scroll down until you see the IMEI.
- All the ways we have discussed so far involve finding your phone’s IMEI in the device. Luckily, there are other ways to find these numbers if something happens to your phone.
Final Words: How to Find Device IMEI Number
Hope you understand this article How to find a device’s IMEI number, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.