SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Mason, innovator of the only fully managed infrastructure for the development and delivery of purpose-built smart devices, today announced the release of Mason D215, a rugged handheld smart device that builds on the award-winning platform Mason Smart Device. The Mason D215 handheld is specifically designed to withstand extreme environmental elements and is the ideal device for use cases that require smart devices for outdoor use, physical activities or harsh environments. Built using Mason’s unique modular design approach, the D215 can be used out of the box for immediate use or customized for 6, 8 or 10 inch displays that can be expanded and put on the market in less than six months. The unique features of the device make it ideal for use cases in healthcare, transportation, and clinical research.
“The Mason D215 is the next evolution in our modular and flexible hardware portfolio,” said Gee Weiden, Mason hardware engineering manager. “The unique features of the device, such as the removable battery, make it ideal for non-consumer use cases where there are strict requirements for smart devices and high demand for customization.
The D215 handheld device is the newest addition to Mason’s smart device portfolio, which includes a wide range of handheld devices, tablets and wearables designed for professional use cases, as well as a variety of accessories, including blood pressure monitors, pulse oximeters and scales. for a better end-user experience. A lower-cost version of the Mason D450, the D215 was designed with unique modularity features, making it ideal for specialized use cases that require ruggedized devices. It is available out of the box or can be easily customized for different screen sizes, depending on use case requirements, helping customers bring connected devices to market faster than ever.
The Mason D215 wearable smart device is powered by Android 11 and offers the following features that make it ideal for outdoor use, physical activities and harsh environments:
- Removable battery: Devices can stay connected all the time because battery changes are quick and easy. This is especially important for use cases such as remote patient monitoring or for first responders who require always-on devices. With a replaceable battery, the device does not require charging and is only turned off for an extremely short period when the battery is replaced. The removable battery also extends the use and longevity of the device throughout the life of the product and eliminates the need to replace the device when battery life decreases.
- Magnet for Mounted Use Cases: The D215 can be mounted in vehicles or trailers for electronic recording; in hospitals for remote patient monitoring (RPM) where the device is used as a hub; at home when attached to a refrigerator or other home RPM device; and in extreme environments such as industrial environments where ruggedized devices must be mounted.
- Waterproof with rugged housing: The D215 can withstand extreme environmental elements without the need for additional accessories.
- Life cycle of 5 years and more: Similar to the rest of Mason’s hardware portfolio, the D215 is purpose-built for business and, unlike consumer devices, is designed to optimize device and product lifecycles.
- Refill Pogo and Mason Smart Connect: The D215 can be paired with a variety of accessories, ranging from healthcare-specific accessories to payment readers and barcode scanners in retail stores or hotels, using pogo pins to charge and transfer data. data instead of requiring wireless methods such as WiFi or Bluetooth.
Mason Recognized by the 2022 IoT Breakthrough Awards as “IoT Health and Wellness Innovation of the Year”
Mason also announced today that the Mason Smart Device Platform has been recognized as “IoT Health and Wellness Innovation of the Year” by the 2022 IoT Breakthrough Award. The IoT Breakthrough Awards aim to provide the most comprehensive analysis of the IoT industry, from the connected home to industrial IoT solutions. With over 3,850 global nominations, the IoT Breakthrough Awards 2022 program’s industry evaluation was broad and extremely competitive. As the winner of the 6th Annual IoT Breakthrough Awards, Mason joins the ranks of other prestigious companies including NVIDIA, Cisco, Bosch, Vodafone, NETGEAR, Sonos, KORE, Verizon, Johnson Controls, Amazon (Ring), General Electric, Lenovo and other major companies and startups in the IoT industry.
“Our mission at Mason is to empower innovators and entrepreneurs to realize their vision for the industry’s next breakthrough smart products by helping to break down the formidable barriers to entry when it comes to deploying mission-critical mobile products. said Nancy Xiao, CEO of Mason. “This recognition underscores our continued commitment to empowering people and businesses with the foundation, speed and efficiency to create smart solutions and products that enhance the human experience.
The Mason Smart Device Platform bridges the gaps in the traditionally fragmented world of smart device vendors by eliminating the complexity required to bring purpose-built smart devices to market, enabling startups and large enterprises, including those in heavily regulated industries like healthcare, to go from idea to IoT product launch in months, not years. Mason dramatically reduces costs, speeds time to market, and eliminates logistical complexity or the need to hire specialized talent. Healthcare customers in industries such as remote patient monitoring, clinical outcome evaluation, research universities, reform and rehabilitation, disaster preparedness and construction monitoring rely on Mason as a “one-stop-shop” to build, deploy and scale connected smart products more easily and faster. .
Mason is the fastest way to take smart devices from idea to end user. Whether building a single-use device from the ground up or scaling a line of smart products, with Mason it’s faster and cheaper to build, deploy and scale. Digital transformation is a modern requirement, but managing a hardware-dependent initiative is difficult – thousands of hours and millions of dollars are at stake. The Mason Smart Device Platform is the only fully managed infrastructure for the development and delivery of dedicated devices. It offers flexible, usage-based pricing for device fleets and manages the underlying complexity of all associated backend services, making software delivery across a range of products smart, whether a tablet, wearable device, or new form factor, as easy as delivering software to the cloud. . This allows innovators to focus on what matters: application development, feature specification, and user experience. Granular access to add, remove, or lock features enables highly personalized products to be built as intended. Mason offloads material investment risk and logistics, including inventory sourcing, warehousing and supply chain management. With options like zero-touch provisioning, devices work perfectly out of the box without end-user intervention. Mason’s automated remote fleet management, troubleshooting and software updates ensure safety and positive end-user experiences. Organizations of all sizes rely on Mason to bring innovations and hundreds of use cases to market without reinventing the wheel. Smarter from start to finish with Mason.™