- the Unable to load a driver on this device error in Windows 11 basically suggests that there is a problem with the driver or the operating system is not allowing it to load.
- This will eventually cause the respective device to stop working.
- You can fix the error by updating the driver or disabling a security feature in Windows 11.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE
Drivers are essential software that facilitates the relaying of commands between the operating system and the respective device. But what do you do if you meet the Unable to load a driver on this device error in Windows 11?
You will see this error message when booting the operating system, and its effect may or may not be distinctly visible initially depending on the driver involved. But, over time, the driver may stop working with the respective device.
It is therefore imperative to resolve the error. Also, in most cases, the faulty driver is listed in the error box, making it easy for you to continue.
How can I fix the Unable to load a driver on this device error in Windows 11?
1. Update the affected driver
- hurry the Windows + I to launch the Settings the app and select Windows Update from the tabs listed in the navigation pane on the left.
- Now click on Advanced options on the right.
- Scroll down and click Optional updates under Additional options.
- Click on Driver Updates here.
- If you see an update for the problematic driver, check the corresponding box and click on the Download and install bottom button.
- After the installation process is complete, restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Most of the time, a simple driver update is likely to fix the problem. Unable to load a driver on this device error in Windows 11. So check if there is any update listed for the driver from Windows itself and install it.
If you cannot find a newer version listed in the Windows Update section, try the other driver update methods. Here you just need to check if the device manufacturer has uploaded the latest driver version on their website.
Also, there is an easier way to update drivers and keep such errors at bay by using a reliable third-party application. We recommend using DriverFix, a dedicated tool that will automatically install the latest version, when available, for all drivers and keep them up to date.
⇒ Get DriverFix
2. Disable Memory Integrity Feature
- hurry the Windows + S to launch the To research menu, enter Windows Security in the text field at the top, then click the relevant search result.
- Then click on Device Security from the various options listed here.
- Click on the Core insulation details option at the top.
- Now turn off the toggle for Memory integrity.
- Finally, restart the computer for the changes to take full effect.
Memory Integrity is a Windows security feature that prevents the installation of incompatible or potentially harmful drivers. So if a bad driver tries to access, the feature will block that, resulting in the Unable to load a driver on this device error in Windows 11.
Both methods here fixed the error for most users. However, if it persists, you can perform a system restore or reset Windows 11 to its factory settings.
Also learn what to do if a driver is missing during Windows installation as it will prevent you from installing the latest iteration and upgrading the operating system.
Let us know which fix worked, and which driver you were having trouble with, in the comments section below.
Start a conversation